Annual Wellness Exams
We know that you want comprehensive, thorough and personalized care. Southwest Medical‘s staff conducts Annual Wellness Exams for our older patients. We take the time needed to listen to you and your health concerns. Instead of being rushed, you and your provider engage in conversation about your overall health, including your fitness level, falls risk, hearing and sight, and much more. You can get your questions answered and find out more about aging as healthy as possible.
What happens at an Annual Wellness Visit?
- Extra one-on-one time with a medical professional, which helps us personalize your care.
- Advice and education to help you to manage your specific health conditions.
- A chance to ask any health questions you have been wondering about.
Our goal with these visits is to help you learn the best ways of improving your own well-being. With a few simple steps, you can be more proactive about your health, which may help you avoid problems in the future. Here is what we’ll do:
To schedule your annual wellness visit, please call 702.933.1383.
- We’ll start the exam by spending the time to go over your medical history and all recent diagnoses, asking several questions. We want to understand your current state of health as completely as possible.
- Next, we’ll take your vitals such as blood pressure and body mass index, and complete a general wellness assessment.
- Then you will have an opportunity to ask all your health-related questions.
- You will also receive tests based on your individual needs, such as an EKG, pulmonary function test, bone mineral density test or glucose monitoring.
- You should plan to spend about an hour with us to complete your visit.