Easier connection with your health care providers
What if you could ask your health questions with:
- No hassle
- No phone calls
- No need to take time off from work or school
- No travel time
- No waiting in your doctor’s office
That’s exactly what you get with Southwest Medical’s e-visit.
Your provider responds quickly to your request
Your health provider will get back to you within eight to 24 hours on regular business days. On weekends and holidays, it will be the next business day. If your provider is not available, a team of providers will review your e-visit request. To use the e-visit service, you need to:
- Be a Southwest Medical patient
- Have seen your provider within the last year
- Have Internet access
Use an e-visit for things like:
- Renewing prescriptions
- Requesting lab work or tests
- An appointment follow-up or update
- Questions about a recent office visit
- Online consultations
* Do not use e-visits for emergencies. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Which providers have e-visits?
- Adult medicine
- Rheumatology (joint care)
- Podiatry (foot care)
E-visits make it easier for you to get answers from your health care providers. But an e-visit won’t replace an actual appointment. Your provider will let you know if you need to come in for an office visit.
To get started, log in to My SMA Health Online and select Ask My Doctor.
E-visits are not currently available to all SMA patients. They are only available in English. E-visits are only for non-emergency and non-urgent health problems.