About the Press Ganey Survey
Press Ganey is a leading provider of patient experience measurement, performance analytics and strategic advisory solutions for health care organizations across the continuum of care. With more than 30 years of experience, Press Ganey is recognized as a pioneer and thought leader in patient experience measurement and performance improvement solutions. As a strategic business partner, we help health care organizations reduce patient suffering and improve clinical quality, safety and the patient experience.
Who Receives the Survey?
Patients of Southwest Medical Associates receive a survey within 24 hours of Press Ganey’s receipt of the patient’s physician visit file. This feedback is used to improve every dimension of the patient experience. Our partnership with Press Ganey helps us achieve the goal of providing each patient with an exceptional experience of care.
What Questions Does Press Ganey Ask?
Press Ganey questions help address service and communication issues that improve interpersonal actions: attending to the physical and psychological suffering inherent in the care experience; focusing on the various controllable factors that contribute to patient suffering, such as poor communication, lack of compassion and insufficient education; and taking action to correct controllable processes that might contribute to patient discomfort or distress.
Press Ganey provides a patient experience survey to a Southwest Medical Associates patient that measures key aspects of a patient’s visit to a clinic, including questions on scheduling, registration wait time, nurse/assistant and overall assessment. The patient ratings on this website are derived from survey responses from the Care Provider section of the survey:
- Friendliness/courtesy of the care provider
- Explanations the care provider gave you about your problem or condition
- Concern the care provider showed for your questions or worries
- Care provider’s efforts to include you in decisions about your treatment
- Information the care provider gave you about medications (if any)
- Instructions the care provider gave you about the follow-up care (if any)
- Degree to which care provider talked with you using words you could understand
- Amount of time the care provider spent with you
- Your confidence in this care provider
- Likelihood of your recommending this care provider to others
Why don't all providers have patient ratings displayed?
We do not display ratings for:
- Providers who have less than 30 survey responses. Fewer than 30 survey responses are not statistically significant, and as a result are unreliable.
- Providers who work solely or primarily in inpatient, urgent care, and other settings outside a physician office.
© 2016 Press Ganey Associates, Inc.