What is Urgent Care?
Urgent Care clinics treat non-life-threatening illnesses and conditions. You’ll have shorter wait times than the emergency room and save money, too. You can also avoid the wait to see your primary care doctor.
Southwest Medical Urgent Care
At Southwest Medical, we’ve taken the Urgent Care concept several steps further. We understand that medical visits can’t always wait. That’s why our Urgent Care centers are open seven days a week and most holidays (hours may change).
We also have one Urgent Care center with a 23-hour observation unit. If we can treat your problem within 23 hours, you can avoid going to the emergency room for further treatment.
Plus, Southwest Medical Urgent Care is a part of OptumCareTM. This means we can use the latest technology and information to improve your care.
To see whether Urgent Care is right for you, call the Telephone Advice Nurse at 1-702-242-7330 or 1-800-288-2264. The nurse can help you decide where to go.
Urgent Care wait times
Dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room if you have a serious illness or injury such as:
- Bleeding that won’t stop
- Chest pain or shortness of breath
- Numbness in the face, arm or leg
Southwest Medical Urgent Care offers:
- Six convenient locations
- Longer hours
- Weekend and holiday openings
- Paperless electronic records of your visit
- On-site state-of-the-art digital imaging (X-rays done by computer)
- Lab results to you in 15 minutes or less (FASTlab)
Southwest Medical patients can use our Urgent Care Home Waiting Room. First, check in to one of our six Urgent Care locations online. Then wait in the comfort of your own home instead of the waiting room.
- Create or log into your My SMA Health Online account.
- Choose the Urgent Care location that's best for you.
- Click Waiting Room to select the check-in time you prefer.
- Wait at home until it's close to your check-in time.
Southwest Medical Urgent Care services
Southwest Medical Urgent Care centers diagnose and treat minor illnesses and injuries. We provide on-site testing, with FASTlab results to you in 15 minutes or less. At most locations, our Urgent Care services include checking for and treating: