What is OB/GYN care?
These health care providers diagnose and treat diseases and conditions of the female reproductive system. They also provide care before, during and after pregnancy.
Southwest Medical OB/GYNs offer yearly well-woman exams and breast exams. They give you contraceptive (birth control) options and gynecology services such as Pap smears. They can even do minor operations in-office.
Southwest Medical OB/GYN care
Southwest Medical has served generations of women in southern Nevada. Our large group of OB/GYN providers means you have choices. Our presence in the community means you never have far to go to find the provider best for you.
We’re part of OptumCareTM, which means you can expect modern health care using state-of-the-art technology. We offer care from front desk to doctor.
Our team is ready to get to know you. To schedule an appointment, please call 1-702-877-5199.
Care during and after pregnancy
Southwest Medical’s pediatrics and obstetrics/gynecology (OB/GYN) departments work together. We provide complete care for you during pregnancy and for your child later on.
During pregnancy, this care includes ultrasounds (tests using sound waves to look inside the body). We’ll help you keep track of all the tests you need, at the times you need them.
We stay up-to-date with the latest in pediatric care and women’s health. From routine OB/GYN services to your child’s development plans, our focus is on you and your family.
Southwest Medical OB/GYN services
Most Southwest Medical OB/GYN centers treat the conditions listed below:
- Abnormal bleeding
- Bacterial vaginosis (a bacterial infection of the vagina)
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Endometriosis (when tissue grows outside the uterus)
- Excessive bleeding
- Fibroid cysts (non-cancerous growths on the uterus)
- Lack of menstruation (no periods)
- Menopause issues
- Painful periods
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Urinary incontinence (loss of bladder control)
- Urinary tract infections
- Yeast infections
- Annual well-woman exams
- Birth control options
- Breast exams
- Minor office procedures. These may include viewing the inside of the uterus and looking at the cervix when a Pap smear is abnormal.
- Pregnancy care and ultrasounds
- Surgeries when needed. These may include hysterectomy (surgery to remove the womb) or female sterilization (getting your tubes tied to prevent pregnancy)
To schedule an appointment, please call 1-702-877-5199.