Bring comfort home.
Palliative care means helping patients find relief from the pain, symptoms and stress of a serious illness.
We provide care at any stage of an illness, along with treatment that may cure or heal. We also discuss the tough questions and issues that families, patients and doctors may have about goals of care. We help to improve quality of life for patients and their families by:
- Identifying goals of care
- Increasing benefits to doctors, patients and families
- Decreasing physical and emotional symptoms
- Providing treatment that may help you get better or live longer if that’s what you want
When the time is right, Southwest Medical will be here to help. Our services include:
- Creating an advance care plan. This plan helps to spell out the patient’s wishes for the family and care providers.
- Keeping track of equipment and supplies ordered by a medical provider, such as a wheelchair or crutches
- Keeping track of medications
- Registered nurse visits. Two full-time palliative medical doctors will also supervise you.
- Aggressive management of symptoms
- Looking at your home’s comfort and living conditions
Patients can have Southwest Medical Palliative Care if:
- Their doctor recently diagnosed them with an advanced illness
- They need social or spiritual support after diagnosis
We work with our patients and families to better understand their needs and goals. Palliative care benefits include:
- Less depression and anxiety
- Better quality of life
- Fewer hospital visits
- Follow-up support and feedback
- Help with social services
For more information on how you or a loved one can enroll in Southwest Medical’s Palliative Care, call 1-702-671-1111.